BucksFit specializes in custom team training programs. We believe that special attention should be dedicated to preventing injuries during the season. Prepare for the upcoming sports season with one of our experienced and certified professional staff members. The training is overseen by Doctors of Physical Therapy and is designed to guarantee positive results.
During your team’s initial training session, one of our sports Physical Therapists will screen your athletes for ACL injury risk. Following this, one of our experienced strength and conditioning staff members will provide a comprehensive fitness evaluation and then design a program to meet the injury prevention and athletic development needs of your team.
At BucksFit, we focus on injury prevention first and foremost to help ensure a full, healthy season. Our strength and conditioning sessions will focus on the factors most related to performance-enhancement:
- Power-to-Weight Ratio: run faster, jump higher, be more explosive
- Anaerobic Threshold: get into game shape, be able to push yourself harder, delay fatigue
- Aerobic Capacity: increase your ability to recover, practice longer
BucksFit offers two different team packages. Each package includes 2x/week training. Choose either the 8 session (2x/week for 4 weeks) or 12 session (2x/week for 6 weeks) package. Both packages require a minimum of 5 athletes training together and must be prepaid. More athletes equal greater savings per athlete.
BucksFit’s Prevent Injury and
What Does the ACL Program Consist of?
The program consists of a warm-up, stretching, strengthening, plyometrics, and sport specific agilities to address potential deficits in the strength and coordination of the stabilizing muscles around the joint. The trainers at BucksFit will emphasize correct posture, straight up and down jumps without excessive side-to-side movement, and reinforce soft landings. This program should be completed 3 times a week.
Why Use Our Program?
The PEP program increases the stability of the knee by increasing strength of both static & dynamic stabilizers. By performing warm-up exercises, stretching and plyometric exercises the knee increases the stability with movement. The goals of the program are:
- Avoid vulnerable positions
- Increase flexibility
- Increase strength
- Increase proprioception through agility training
PEP Program Elements:
- Warm-Up: Warming up and cooling down are crucial components of the training program. The purpose of the warm-up is to allow the athlete to prepare for activity.
- Stretching: Never stretch a “cold muscle”. By stretching after a warm-up, you can improve and maintain your range of motion, reduce stiffness in your joints, reduce post-exercise soreness, reduce the risk of injury and improve overall mobility and performance.
- Strengthening: This portion of the program focuses on increasing leg strength. This will lead to increased leg strength and a more stable knee joint. Close attention must be paid to the performance of these exercises in order to avoid injury.
- Plyometrics: These exercises are explosive and help to build power, strength and speed. The most important element when considering performance technique is the landing. It must be soft! These exercises are basic; however, it is crucial to perform them correctly.
- Agilities: These exercises increase dynamic stability of the ankle/knee/hip complex.
BucksFit offers a one-of-a-kind combination of cardio equipment, weight machines, traditional free weights, Olympic lifting weights and platforms and a pool. The mixture of the equipment and our staff’s expertise guarantees results that are unsurpassed. At BucksFit our staff is comprised of Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists, Exercise Physiologists, Doctors of Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers.
If you are looking to enhance your performance in a specific sport, our staff has the expertise to design a program to meet your specific goals and give you the maximum benefit. There is a right and a wrong way to weight train, stretch and perform cardiovascular exercise. When done correctly and matched to an individual’s body type and biomechanics, most exercises are simple and safe. BucksFit trainers constantly supervise and coach to prevent injuries and to help you make sure you are performing the exercises correctly.
Our programs are custom designed for the individual, group and/or team and we work with all ages, from those just starting out to professional athletes.